Why Dental Exams and Cleaning Are Essential
Do you ever wonder why dental experts are so adamant about the need for regular dental visits? When it comes to caring for your oral health, it is not a single visit in your entire life that will help you excel. Constantly keeping in touch with your dentist plays a significant role in your oral health, more so regarding dental exams and cleanings.
During routine dental visits, two services cannot fail to be offered. The oral exams and cleanings are preventive dental care measures that help manage and sustain excellent oral health in the long haul.
What Are Dental Exams?
They are routine tests that are conducted in general and preventive dentistry to help keep the dental health of patients in check. The tests vary in type, depending on the underlying reason for a dentist in Huntington Station to perform them. Usually, a physical exam is good for gathering information about your oral health, to build up your dental health record. It is also the first place to start when monitoring your oral health before any diagnosis can be made. However, should your dentist detect an oral problem or symptom thereof, further tests are necessary.
Digital exams are tests performed to analyze the results determined by a physical exam. They help examine the inner parts of your oral cavity that cannot be seen with the naked eyes. Examples of digital tests include:
- CT scans, to mention a few
On multiple occasions, the digital tests are used as diagnostic tests to figure out which oral problem you have, and the best treatment thereof. With regular dental visits and dental exams near you, you will not require regular digital tests. Instead, physical tests will help to monitor your oral health and determine when it may be fit for another digital exam.
What Are Dental Cleanings?
They are professional cleanings sessions performed in your oral cavity. They are used to boost your oral hygiene by cleaning your teeth, gums, and tongues, ridding your mouth of any harmful bacteria. Regular cleanings and exams go hand in hand because they allow your dentist to help you excel in your oral health. The cleanings are the best way to ensure that your mouth is free from infection, which means you will not need any thorough digital exams for diagnosis of any dental problem.
Professional deep cleans involve different processes, including the following:
- Teeth brushing – using an electric toothbrush and special toothpaste, a dentist or dental hygienist will brush your teeth thoroughly.
- Dental flossing – no one knows how to best floss your teeth than a dental expert. This will help remove any plaque and food particles from in between your teeth.
- Rinsing – it is necessary for cleaning out any loose debris in your mouth that can settle and be the beginning of plaque formation.
- Fluoride treatment – it is a treatment that helps enrich your enamel with fluoride, a natural mineral useful for strengthening teeth. The mineral creates a layer of protection over your teeth, helping you to better fight dental cavities and tooth decay.
Why Are Dental Exams and Deep Cleans Important?
If your concern is to excel in your oral health, then you must consider the following benefits of regular deep cleans and dental exams:
- Early detection of illnesses – unless you have significant symptoms manifesting, it is not easy to detect an oral problem on your own. Many dental problems can manifest with similar signs and symptoms, further proving the need for diagnostic exams. The best part of dental exams is that illnesses can be caught early, and be cured before they progress.
- Boosts oral hygiene – you should consider a deep clean as a fresh start for you to work on your oral hygiene at home. Once your mouth has been thoroughly cleaned, it will not be hard for you to keep up with such routines at home, until your next deep clean.
- Habit and nutritional counseling – dental specialists do not let patients go home and continue to damage their teeth. You can expect a counseling session with your dentist about what foods to eat, and which bad habits you should quit.
- Boosting overall oral health – the intentionality of taking care of your teeth cannot go unnoticed when you review the health of your oral cavity.
Schedule your Routine Exams
Are you ready to schedule your routine exams and cleaning? Call us now to book an appointment with our dentist near you at Kane Dental in Huntington, NY. You can also visit our clinic if you are living in Chicherster Road, Downey Drive, Swan Court, Front Drive, West Hills, Craven Street, Liberty Street, Somerset Street, and in surrounding communities.